Time Machine: Some Details - Murphy Mac

Infinite Loop on Ars Technica just put up a good summary of some recent posts about Time Machine. For my part, the most interesting one they mention is Time Machine: Some Details - Murphy Mac:

I had recently been wondering about the two details brought up there, namely:

  1. How does Time Machine handle it if you rename a file?

  2. When Time Machine consolidates its hourly backups to daily, daily to weekly, etc., what does Time Machine decide to keep and what does it toss out?

Fortunately, someone else was willing to do this, because I don’t think I’d ever have gotten around to looking in to it. So check it out if you’re interested. I left those questions unanswered here so as to not ruin the suspense…

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xcode 3 language specification changes

Redux on iPhone and iPod Touch, 802.1X and LEAP

iPhone and iPod Touch, 802.1X and LEAP