Threadinology

From ridiculus_fish:

There, that’s the noisome little pitch everyone’s been spreading like so much thermal paste. As if multiprocessing is something new! But of course it’s not - heck, I remember Apple shipping dualies more than ten years ago, as the Power Macintosh 9500. Multiprocessing is more accessible (read: cheaper) now, but it’s anything save new. It’s been around long enough that we should have it figured out by now.
So what’s my excuse? I admit it - I don’t get multiprocessing, not, you know, really get it, and that’s gone on long enough. It’s time to get to the bottom of it - or if not to the bottom, at least deep enough that my ears start popping.

I’m still working my way through today’s post, but whenever this site gets updated you’re always guaranteed a good read. Incidentally, this seems to be one of the few sites done by someone in computer science with a mathematical background, or at least a bent towards math, that I know of (the other basically being Steve Yeggie’s site.) Are there many more out there?

Powered by Bleezer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iPhone and iPod Touch, 802.1X and LEAP

Xcode 3 language specification changes

Comics without the newspaper